The Internet has changed our life and In fact, in these days, we commonly do everything in online. We share all personal data’s, online money transactions like banking and do lots of private activities via the web. Think, all the data we shared can be tracked and it will be a treasure for hackers, advertisers, and government surveillance organizations. But with a virtual private network called VPN, you can have some privacy in online. Today VPN is increasingly used by more internet users in order to disguise their original home IP address and for some safety purpose.
So What is VPN and How It Works?
Virtual private network is shortly called as VPN; it is a type of network that enables its user to create a secure connection in online by hiding their internet activity. It is originally designed for the purpose of business to avoid eavesdropping the communications while traversing in the public network, as well as to allow people to work securely from home or from any remote areas away from the office. There is the darker side of VPN use too, and it is associated with criminals, hackers and others who try to stay off from the law.
Usually, when you connect to the internet all your link passes through servers, and it can be viewed easily. If you use VPN yours, IP address will be masked then it will be difficult for outsiders to track your activities. VPN safeguard your data by transmitting your sending and receiving data via an encrypted connection which is referred to as VPN tunnel. That means that all data’s that travel’s between your computer and the server is encrypted so that only you and the VPN server can “see” it.
Why do you need a VPN?
Many hackers in the word are waiting to intrude in another person’s private computer system, either for fun, or to steal sensitive information. Also, the Government agencies and other parties all like to spy on what people do on the Internet for various reasons. To avoid those illegal activities on your system VPN has to be used and it is mainly needed to keep the online activities secure and anonymous.
While travelling, you have connected outside your home quite often by using Hotspots or places with a free Wi-Fi connection and at that time, VPN helps you to stay anonymous. This is especially handy for Journalists and activists to get around government censors to communicate with the outside world. Moreover, for “Geo-Spoof” that means unlocking the restricted sites and services that are banned in your countries.
How Can You Benefit From VPN?
VPN may sound like technical, but it is very simple to use and can be set up quickly anywhere in the world. It Keeps your data’s safe from hackers and other phishing networks by making your IP address completely invisible.
Reduce pop-up advertising and target marketing campaigns from commercial corporations such as social media and other advertising agents.
The next coolest thing is, the VPN add an additional layer of protection while accessing the public networks, Wi-Fi, and loosely secured network.
Give backs your freedom by allowing the restricted usage in your locations and lets you surf online securely.
In addition, it will be more beneficial to business people to access the confidential information securely from home or other branches
Brief look on VPN Protocols
Once you have decided to use the VPN service, then the next most important step is to decide what type of technology has to use. So, that here we have provided a brief look at protocols that help in the further decision.
OpenVPN (open source virtual private network) – this protocol offers fast, secure and simplified security framework with cross-platform portability. This it is a recommended protocol for desktops.
L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol) – The L2TP is a tunnelling protocol instead of direct encryption. It used to support privacy by forming to handle encryption and channel security.
PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol) – On comparison with L2TP protocol PPTP is considered as a less security protocol. Still a fast, easy-to-use protocol that will be a good choice for OpenVPN.
SSTP ( Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol) – The most strongest Protocol for the reason of the ability to operate on the network that blocks VPN protocols.
Free vs. Paid VPN which one is best
Everyone likes offers and free services, and as like to impress the users many online services come as free and in that VPN service are also included. But before choosing the free one to beware that you have to make some compromise, and sometimes those can be dangerous.
For example, the free VPN service includes installation of unwanted toolbars, third-party applications and disgusting ads that can corrupt your system. Thus, it leads to some degree of distrust whereas as in paid VPN services you can trust them fully and so, it is better to avoid the free one.
How to Pick a Good VPN that fits your need?
In the online market there occur broad assortments and VPN’s, and unfortunately, not all of them are perfect. Some VPN service does good marketing to attract customers but they may not satisfy your need because they are money minded, not security minded. The big question is how to pick? So, here I have listed some of the criteria’s you should be aware of before choosing a one
Hence before deciding the first thing is to take a detailed look at its price, the speed of reliability, security, the number of servers, customer support and make sure they come to your need. Moreover, a check should be done to verify whether they provide dedicated IP to its users or not.Still confused? Then Google the VPN provider name and check out its review from other users and discussion sites for detailed analysis and performance results of each service and from that you can get your solution.
Top list of best VPN providers
Express VPN is the fastest VPN service provider in the world, and it absolutely works well with all devices. It encrypts your communication in the 256-bit format and protects you from the third party surveillance. Moreover, we can able to achieve 70% of speed while using it and it does not express any restrictions in bandwidth and speed. Hence, our advice is to choose this one for complete privacy.
- User-friendly applications with secured connections
- Provides OpenVPN, TCP, L2TP/IPsec, SSTP and PPTP protocol
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Over 1000 ultra fast servers in 78 countries
- Compatible with all devices and browsers
- High speed and unlimited bandwidth usage
- 24/7 customer support
- No, log files of your browsing activity
- High in Price
- Connects only two devices at a time
The safer VPN has been started with an aim to provide freedom of communication around the world through internet. It safeguards you databy creating a 256 bit encrypting tunnel that prevents you from third part attacks and threats. They do not keep any log files but they do record of your timings, IP address and bandwidth usage details.
- High Speed connection with global servers
- Contains 150 servers in 24+ locations
- Feasible Apps for all the devices
- Allows location Switching
- Includes OpenVPN, L2TP and PPTP protocols
- Friendly 24/7 customer support
- Has 24 days free trial period
- 15 days money back guarantee
- Comes with reasonable price
- Collects the r your IP address
- P2P/ Torrents is not allowed
Buffered VPN is still a growing company hence put customers as their first priority and offers fast and high secured features that protects you from spying. Without paying any additional fees you can activate five connections per account. Most Importantly Buffered VPN does not keeps logging and so your activity will not be traced.
- High level of security and encryption techniques
- Offers unlimited bandwidth and server switches
- Provides super fast network by residing in 29 countries
- No logging of the your online activity
- Supports all devices and platforms
- 100% days money back guarantee
- Affordable plans and pricing
- No live Support
- Network is relatively small
Hide My Ass
While searching VPN most of you may land on this name and of course it a very popular VPN service provider, because it is versatile and has the very largest server network on comparison to other VPN providers. HMA make you anonymous with just a click of button and with that you can enjoy internet freedom with high speed without fear.
- Access to high-speed networks from servers over 190+ Countries
- Operates smoothly on all platform devices
- Automatically switch between the servers in case of low speed.
- Allows Subscriptions to two devices at a time
- Provides Hand-on customer Support to ensure protection
- Unlimited bandwidth without restriction
- Great website with lot of freebies
- Keeps logging and user information
- Allows switching between different countries
It is an impressive Hong Kong based VPN service provider comes with multiple extensive features and options that offer top-notch experience to user in terms of privacy. It secures connectivity by offering 80,000+ unique readily available IP address. With the intuitive design, It supports all the existing devices and operating systems easily.
- Have 500+ servers in 141 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switching
- Supports 5 multi logins in single account
- Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime
- 24/7 enhanced live customer support
- Offers both 128 and 256 encryption
- More add-ons features for excellent speed
- Only 3 day money back guarantee
- Not supports OpenVPN protocol
- Allows limited 200 sessions per day
Since 2007, Boleh VPN has strived hard to place in the list of largest VPN providers and it is initially launched to provide3 complete freedom to internet. Instead of concentrating on marketing they intended to interact with customers, so that they have reached up to this level. By subscribing to boleh you can grab lot of advantages together with excellent customer support.
- Includes OpenVPN and L2TP Protocols
- Use very secure 256 bit encryption
- Can connect up to two systems ar a time
- Able to kill VPN switch and DNS leak
- P2P is permitted and supported
- Currently operating from 9 countries
- Supports P2P
- Personalized customer support
- Free trial is available
- No Keeping of log files
- Navigation is bit of hassle
Golden Frog Vypr VPN
VyprVPN is a solely owned and managed global service provider and so every time you connect you are guaranteed with more privacy. The interface of VyprVPN is quite simple and user-friendly and with an account you can run two devices simultaneously. It has lot of advancing features that help you to browse the internet more securely and privately.
- Has self managed servers over 700 in 48 countries
- Developed with Zero-logging feature
- Avail OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols
- Offers unlimited bandwidth and server switches
- Free Dump Truck ( Online Storage)
- 30 days money back gurantee
- Compatibility with all devices
- Increased functionalities
- Keeps log files
- Connects only limited number of device
- Bitcoin is not supported
With NordVPN you can streamline your data’s securely with its extensive proxy tools and double encryption technology. It is a very easiest VPN provider when compared to others and so, it fun to connect this provider. Many people are moving towards NOrdVPN in order to safeguard theie confidential information.
- Includes high speed servers for video streaming
- 524 worldwide servers in 47 countries
- Separate servers for video streaming
- Instant automatic kill switch technology
- Supports up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Setup is very easy
- Complatibe with all devices and browsers
- Never Keeps logfiles
- Very Slow Connection
- Does not block Ads
IPVanish VPN is the well-known US based VPN and it is popular because of its affordable price and enhanced security features. It is highly anonymous and has great connection speed and hence the most recommended tool. The major disadvantage is its customer support and apart from this it is a good one.
- Over 350+ server in 60 countries
- Includes 40,000 unique IP address
- Allows P@P traffic and NAT firewall protection
- Supports multiple protocols
- Unlimited Bandwidth and server switches
- No logging
- High compatibility
- Limited time duration for refund
- Connect only one device simultaneously
Private Internet Access VPN
Private internet access VPN is a multi layered security protocol that allows users to hide their location and IP address without any trace mark. AS like its name it provide more secured functionality and also allow file sharing with advanced encryption technology.
- Allows legal file sharing activity
- Provides over 1800 VPN servers in 11 countries
- Easily enable 5 simultaneous connections with one account
- Supports multiple devices and protocols
- Protects from IP leakage and DNS leakage
- No logging of records
- Allows bitcoin payment
- Terrible customer support
- Limited refund duration and no free trial
Some Other VPN providers
HotSpot Sheid Elite
SpotFlux Premium VPN
Hide IP VPN
F-Secure Freedom VPN
Invisible Browsing VPN
VPN Land (or) Black Logic VPN
Here in this article, we have tried to cover some basic criteria’s including some necessary information of VPN and have listed the VPN providers as well in the favour to help you. As discussed above VPN is a very versatile tool that enhances your internet experience. So, it’s better to consider using a VPN service in the near future to avoid the chance of hacking and phishing.